An ERASMUSPLUS Teacher Training Seminar about experiential travel, creative tourism and wellbeing. Concept by Marta Mandolini
The course takes a contemporary approach to travel and discovering a new environment, introducing participants to Environmental and Tourism Psychology, Eco Psychology, Sustainable Tourism and Experiential Travel.
The tourist experience offers the opportunity to discover beautiful places and new people, but also to discover a different image of oneself, as you can practice new schemes and roles of the self, in a different environment.
The main part of the course will be experiencing Barcelona in a dynamic way, drawing on our attention, memory, perception, movement and feelings.
From an educational point of view, participants will learn how experiencing an environment in an unusual way can be a great tool to maintain their students’ attention and motivation, and the course will help them in teaching history/art/language/culture disciplines. In addition, it will be a good reference to sustainable tourism.
From a touristic and economic point of view, participants will learn how experiential travel can be a strong resource to market a tourist destination and improve the general “buzz” around it.
From a holistic/wellbeing perspective, participants will learn the positive health effects of a personal and real tourist experience.
Each lesson includes a theoretical (slides, case presentation, talk) and a practical (group exercises, personal activities) section. Participants will be involved in an active learning process, focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements makes the learning process easier and more longlasting.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Headteachers; principals; managers of schools/organisations offering adult education;
- Other (Paid or voluntary) management staff in the institution/organisation;
- Schedule: Mon - Sat 09:00 -14:30;
- Lenght of the course: 1 week;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Dates 2016:
28 March – 2 April,
30 May – 4 June,
18 -23 July,
15 – 20 August,
17 – 22 October
- Other dates available upon request
- Extra curricular activities included: Florence Guided Tours and aperitivo with the school staff;
- Price: € 420,00
- Enrollment fee: € 80,00
Request information about this course: