A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Inclusive Education and Teaching Methodologies according to different sorts of Intelligences. Available in Florence (Italy)
This course has been created for teachers who would like to incorporate different approaches in their teaching practice to reach each and every one of their students. Our students can be one of the most challenging aspects of our job – as well as the most rewarding. Pluralizing our teaching not only ensures greater possibility of reaching all learners, it also signifies our own deeper understanding of the subject and keeps our teaching fresh, varied and even surprising. Leading education and intelligence advocates have identified different intelligences, such as linguistic, logical mathematical, spatial, kinesthetic, musical, inter and intra-personal, naturalist. More recently, schools have been promoting Emotional, Social and even Ecological Intelligence, as a way to make learning deeper and more meaningful, as well as provide students with 21st century life skills in collaboration, relationship building, conflict management and environmental innovation.
This practical, hands-on course aims to familiarize educators with the major theories surrounding the Intelligences and how they can be infused into curriculum. Teachers will experience firsthand how tackling topics from many angles can improve their students’ overall motivation and absorption of key concepts, as well as highlight the special abilities of each learner, fostering a better self-concept, self-awareness and desire to learn.
The key outcomes of the course are:
* To learn about multiple intelligences and how they are at play in the classroom
* To broaden our teaching styles to involve and stimulate as many learners as possible
* To learn by doing and by being, through practical and experiential activities which can be adapted to any classroom
* To favor our students’ search for self-awareness and identity
* To foster better communication and social skills
* To infuse lessons with greater energy, participation and enthusiasm
Guided city tours and a one-day excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education;
- Lenght of the course: 1 week Mon -Sat;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Set Dates 2017: 27 March - 1 April; 24 - 29 April; 22 - 27 May; 26 June - 1 July; 24 - 29 July; 14 - 19th August; 25 -30 September; 23 - 28 October; 27 November - 02 December;
- Other dates available upon request.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Full Package Price: from € 780,00 (Course + Free time activities + Accommodation)