EUROPASS - Teacher Academy cares about the European dimension of nowadays’ education. For this reason, we:
-Plan and manage further education activities within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Union and organize training activities in Italy and abroad;
-Encourage meetings among European teachers and institutions, as well as sharing of good practices;
- Guide schools step by step in the application of Erasmus+ mobility projects.
- Help schools to find new partners to collaborate in common projects based on the exchange of good practices and the idea of learning from each other.
-Assist schools and institutions in designing training courses that can fulfill their needs and in completing each part of the application form for ERASMUS+ Key1 Grants;
-Partecipate in European Project with school and institutions from all over Europe about current and new didactic methods. (see below).
Every Wednesday afternoon, EUROPASS organizes ERAMSUS+ Meetings among European schools in Florence. The meetings are attended evry week by European teachers registered in one of our courses in Florence, and by staff of Italian partner schools. Currently we are looking for partners for the following projects:
- Communication at school a Key factor in Education (secondary schools) . Current partners: Poland, Spain Portugal, Latvia, Italy;
- Fostering reading and writing on students. Current partners Turkey and Italy. Open for new partners.
- Using ICT in education. Current Partners: Macedonia, Poland, Italy. Open for new partners.
- Outdoor Education Activities. Current Partners: Finland, Germany. Open for new partners.
PRIMARY and PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOLS
- Introducing Pupils to their Cultural Heritage. Current partners Cyprus, France and Italy. Open for new partners.
- Meditation and Yoga in schools. Current partners Italy and Ireland
- Coding and Computational Thinking. Current partners Italy and Ireland
To keep up-to-date about new project ideas and to find out more about who can be the ideal European partner of a project of yours, you can join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/262729440733803/
• GRIFTIS: “DIVIDED WE FALL, TOGETHER WE STAND: IMPROVING STRATEGIES IN EUROPEAN SCHOOLS AND TEACHER TRAINING CENTRES TO PREVENT BULLYING AND DISCRIMINATION ACROSS EUROPE”: project for the exchange of good practices in school education whose partners are Europass, Finnish, Greek and Spanish Schools.
• ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Seminars – Teachers upgrading courses in innovative and current teaching methods and strategies. The courses are sponsored by the European Union through ERASMUS+ mobility grants and are addressed to primary and secondary school teachers, to adult education educators and staff, and to professors and staff at University level.
• PractiCAL - Practice Culture and Language - International partnership for the exchange of ideas, information and methods concerning the teaching of the less widely used and less spoken languages of the EU. The project has been funded by the EU through Grundtvig funds.
• Cill - Creativity in Language Learning - An international partnership aiming to exchange, test and adapt innovative and creative teaching methods for foreign languages. The project has been funded by the EU through Leonardo da Vinci funds.
• Procedimientos da Acogida – An international partnership aiming to studying, comparing and improving welcoming and monitoring methods for students at risk of social exclusion. The project has been funded by the EU through Grundtvig funds.
• New Generation 50 + - An international partnership trying to investigate the learning needs of the population over 50 and develop new didactical methods. The project has been funded by the EU through Grundtvig funds.
• Learning Italian through Movie Making – An innovative workshop in which participant learn the Italian language writing a script, acting, filming and editing a short film entirely in Italian. The workshop has been funded by the EU through Grundtvig funds.