30 lessons and visits about Florentine and Tuscan Renaissance Art
The Renaissance in Florence is one of the most intriguing cultural manifestations in Western history. In this course participants will have an opportunity to explore the artistic, historical, and cultural milieu into which Renaissance art was born. Museum visits and field trips are an integral part of the course.
Topics to be covered include: The historical and artistic background of Renaissance; The development of humanism and its effects; A comparative look at the early artistic influences in Siena and Florence including Giotto, Duccio, Martini, and the Lorenzetti; The role of patronage in the Renaissance arts; The birth of Renaissance architecture and perspective; The masters of the 1400s - Masaccio, Uccello, Botticelli, della Francesca; High Renaissance and the role played by the Medici "Academy"; Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.
- Schedule: Mon - Sat 10 -13 classroom; 15 - 17 visits
- Lenght of the course: 1 week
- Number of participants: max. 12 students
- Dates 2013: June 24th - 29th; July 22nd - 27th; August 26th - 31st; October 7th - 13th
- Extra curricular activities included: aperitivo and other social activities
- Price: email@example.com